Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fry-Day; Preschool's Last Hurrah!

Friday morning, I woke up early to go for a run before the busy day's activities started. When I got back, my nieces were just waking up. The kids watched some TV as I got my shower, then we got them all dressed and I made them french toast for breakfast. We hurried to get Grace & Faith to school on time!
Erica stayed with the boys while I walked the girls to school (thanks!) and then we packed our lunch and headed to Overlook Park for Joshua's preschool picnic. This was the last official event of the year. I was expecting it to be packed, but the hazy morning kept some folks away, I assume. We saw all his classmates except for Isaiah and both Ethan's. I was a little bummed Joshua didn't see his friend one last time. He was pretty content to play on the motorcycle there, and Caleb loved swinging with Aunt Erica.
Around 11:30, we spread out our blanket and took out our lunch since Joshua said he was hungry. We had packed a variety of food, never knowing what the boys will like. We had ham & cheese sandwiches, pickles, Cooler Ranch Doritos (which another little young man joined our blanket for), chocolate chip cookies, grapes, and carrots with ranch dressing to dip. When we were finished with our lunch, we cleaned up the leftovers and our trash and said our goodbyes to his teachers.
We also stopped to snap a few photos. I was glad Aunt Erica was along since both boys wanted to do different things at different times. I had less to worry about with both of them.
Here's Joshua & Mrs. Ford and then Joshua & Mrs. Hilton. He loved his teachers!
That afternoon they napped and I mowed the grass again. Then when Shawn got home, we ate a quick bite before heading to our friends house. Auntie Erica had dinner plans with a friend, and originally Shawn & I were going to enjoy the beautiful weather and have dinner on our deck. But, the heavens let loose the minute he got home, so we just ate some quick leftovers before going to the Grube's house.

Between all the time Shawn has spent playing the Wii with Erica and Chris, his shoulder is starting to ache. Haaa!!! This last picture of me & Erica was taken by the Bean. Not too bad for a 3-year-old, eh? I was pleasantly surprised. He LOVES the camera. We have some great shots that he took over the weekend, too. But, alas, I must run!

No comments: