Thursday, July 17, 2008

Honoring My Amazing Husband

Shawn has been incredible these past few months (or years, I should say!). He's put up with my nesting and even helped around the house preparing for the new baby while still spending time with Joshua.
In the hospital, Shawn took amazing care of me and the baby. My blood pressure had dropped to a fairly dangerous level, and I was vomitting uncontrollably. Shawn held the container and told me it would be okay. He also watched as Caleb was being lifted from my womb, blood and all. And he took pictures of the baby before he was all cleaned up and didn't seem to notice or mind the yuckiness. He then changed all Caleb's diapers when I couldn't get out of bed the first few days. He'd also help me get the baby latched on for feedings when neither Caleb nor I knew what we were doing. (Normally these things would gross Shawn out, but he said it's different when you care about people so much.) These events would happen at all hours of the day or night and he would lovingly wake up, get up and do what needed to be done.Since we've been home, he's done a great job of trying to make Joshua feel important and loved and play with him. He's fixed meals that I pre-made and told me to rest and recover while he's taken care of all the details from emptying trash to running errands for milk, etc. If he's around, he won't let me lift a finger other than to take care of myself and the baby. It's so sweet and exactly what the doctor ordered. I'm sure he's exhausted from working all day and then working all night, but he doesn't complain but selflessly does what's necessary to keep our household running.More than that, he makes us all feel special and loved. It's more than I could have ever asked for. I love you, Shawn Douglas Good, with all my heart. Thank you for being so wonderful!

2 comments:

Julie Garner said...

Shawn,

You've blessed your wife with your selflessness and your love for your family. I know how much she needs you right now, and it sounds like you are right there...ready to serve! May the Lord continue to give you strength during these tiring days. You're very blessed with such a sweet family!

Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Val,
Im wondering if there is something to be said for the MR GOODS we know...LOL. Roger amazes me with what he is willing to do for me and the kids. Some of the grosses things that would turn my stomach he can handle...when we were dating I threw up once at a praide and I thought he wasnt going to make it...and just like Shawn...he has stood by me thru the the icky things of child birth only to say that it was his love for us that made it all bearable... I guess you opened my eyes and I need to say thank you to my wonderful hubby. I hope that you are doing well....we so need to chat...

Jeanne