Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Santa Baby

On Monday, November 28, the boys & I met Mamaw at the mall. She wanted an idea for Daddy, and I suggested that we let the boys tell Santa what they'd like for Christmas while we were there. I didn't realize how many people had off work and school for the first day of hunting! The mall was a madhouse, but the lines for Santa weren't terribly long. The boys were excited!
This year, they had a different type of set-up. Rather than lots of decor around, they had little stations in lines with games to play. There was one where you could 'color' Christmas ornaments on the screen, and this memory game where each time you got a match correct, a piece of a puzzle was revealed. The boys had fun. The girl in line behind us commented how well the boys take turns with each other. :)
I asked Mom to take a picture of us waiting. While my head is cut off, I thought Ryan grabbing Joshua's hair was so cute! He's a grabby little Schnook these days!

I took a couple of Mamaw & Ry-guy too.

Soon it was our turn to sit with Santa. Caleb told him he wants a helicopter (check!).
Joshua told Santa how he wants a Francesco car (from the Cars 2 movie). (Check!)
The boys smiled for their picture. Ryan was SO interested in Santa's beard, though.
He may end up on Santa's naughty list if he tries to yank on facial hair. I'm sure that must hurt - I scooped him off Santa's lap since he doesn't know better. Santa seemed nice enough.
He gave each kiddo a coloring book that's cute. Then, Mamaw treated us to Auntie Anne's cinnamon sugar pretzel sticks and lemonade (thanks, Mom!). It was a fun trip. After we had our snack, we headed to the car while Mamaw continued her shopping.

Dear Santa, I've been so good, God gave me the last name "GOOD!" ;-)

No comments: