Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve Mornin'

Saturday morning, we slept in (for our family, anyway!). Shawn said he wanted to take us all out to breakfast, which is a rare treat. We headed to a diner in Ephrata, where Santa was handing out little gift bags and reindeer headbands (we had no idea that this would be part of breakfast). Lancaster has overdone Santa a bit - I had to crack up as a little girl asked "Santa, you changed your beard from the last time I saw you. It's much shorter now!" Haaaa!!!
Our service was extraordinarily terrible, but we still left her a tip since it was Christmas Eve. The tip I would have liked to have given her with the money we left is "find a job that you're better suited to." And, I can say that since I was a waitress once and HATED it! :) :) :)
From there we went to Walmart. Did we need to shop on Christmas Eve? NO! So, it was actually semi-relaxing. We did get some baby food and a couple other little things that we wanted, and the boys were especially well-behaved, knowing what special day it was. :) :) :) Joshua tried on this Spider-man mask for my amusement. I love my boys!!!
The boys did their last day of the advent calendar, and Caleb asked about chocolate for days thereafter! :)
When we got home, I asked to get some pictures of the boys in their reindeer headbands. Everyone complied with my request. Are they not the cutest little guys in the Christmas outfits?

Daddy also took a couple of me with the boys. When I asked to take one of him, he said "No thanks!"

 One "funny" from that day was when we were driving, and the boys are now sounding out words. Joshua LOVES to look at road signs and will ask what they say. They will also sound them out "No Left Turn" or "Right Lane Must Turn Right." Caleb saw a "Do Not Pass" sign, and he shouted out "DO NOT PISS!!!!" Shawn & I howled. So innocent! He had no idea he hadn't sounded out the words correctly, and he's doing very well for a 3-year-old. Still, we couldn't even correct him because we were cracking up. No, buddy, that's not the sign OR acceptable behavior right there on the road. Silly goose!



We played together as a family and watched the movie the Elf (or at least part of it) that evening as I recall. I remember it being a relaxing day as a family - castle-building, dinosaur-playing, hanging out and enjoying being together. We have been blessed by our GOOD boys!

No comments: