Saturday, December 17, 2011

Happy 41-month birthday, Caleb Luke!

Caleb's 41-month birthday was Thursday, December 8. That day was filled with Christmas activities like the advent calendar, addressing Christmas cards, and making gifts for the grandparents (which can't be mentioned on the blog quite yet).

Caleb is LOVING the chocolate that comes with Christmas. We've discovered that our second son has a distinct sweet tooth. His other favorite food these days are plain noodles. No sauce, no cheese, just plain noodles (sometimes we add butter but not always). He adores them! He also eats cheese sticks like they are the best things since sliced bread.
Caleb does not seem to like sleeping these days. He's the last one to go to bed and the first one awake. But, I decided to let him not nap and stay up with Joshua for two days straight. By the second day, he went to his bed on his own around 4 - SO tired he couldn't even stand it. Joshua also needs to nap on occasion as well. We've had some busy days!

Caleb went to the doctor on December 6 and was diagnosed with pink eye. I'm assuming he picked it up at preschool, but who knows? We were given drops, which he called "eye drips." (Seriously, it was the cutest thing ever to hear him say.) He would tell us in a sweet voice, "PLEASE don't give me any more eye drips!" They really, really hurt he said. Poor little thing! We told him that his eyes are sick and they need the 'drips' to make them better. Sure enough within a day or two, they cleared up (praise God!). I also explained to both boys the importance of washing our hands and not touching our eyes. Even though Joshua & Caleb share everything, Joshua did not get the pink eye (praise God once again!). Joshua has been washing hands like crazy! YEA!

At the doctor's office, Caleb weighed exactly 35 lbs, but they didn't measure his height. His weight is the 67.2% right now. I think that comes from all his chocolate (and he's fairly tall for his age, I think, as everyone these days has been asking me if I have twins since the kids look pretty even). 

Caleb didn't go to school that week, but we did have lots of fun just hanging out together. We'd do puzzle books, read, color, etc. It was fun to have some quality time with just him. I love each one of my little guys and finding time to spend with each one individually is difficult most days!

Caleb is doing great with learning words to entire songs lately, even 'newer' songs. He was singing one softly the other day as we were shopping, and I didn't think anything of it until an older woman behind us in line said, "If my hands weren't full, I'd clap for you! That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard!" So dear!

Caleb loves his Daddy, and he loves that they are "twins." Daddy is exactly 30 years older than him, so since he's three, Daddy is 33 or his "twin." My little Bluke will often tell me, "You're not my twin, but you're still my best buddy!" We're all best buddies in this family. Love! :) :) :)

Happy 41-month birthday, Caleb Luke!

No comments: