Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sweet New Kicks

Last Friday morning, August 27, I took the boys to Badorf Shoe Outlet in Rothsville. I hadn't been there in awhile, and Joshua needed new sneakers. I like that they have an area to play in the front of the store, which was great for Caleb as Joshua was trying on shoes. I also like that they have high quality sneakers. Typically their shoes are pretty pricey, but the woman brought out her "close-outs" for us to try on. I got the same brand of shoe for Joshua as his first ever pair of sneakers. They have flexible soles, are light-weight, are completely washable, and have an anti-bacterial tongue (which I could care less about). They also are velcro, which is important to me as he can now put on his own shoes. He picked out the first pair, which are dark blue and black. I was thinking white sneakers, but he really liked the darker ones. I thought we could try to wear those with dressier clothes, and since I was getting the close-out price, I bought both pairs. You never know when a pair might get wet or muddy and you need a back-up for school. He was thrilled to get his new sneakers for preschool! He wore his white sneakers the rest of that day, in fact.

No comments: