Sunday, September 26, 2010

Flyin' Friday

Friday morning, as I posted before, I was up before 3 am. I accomplished a good bit that morning before Shawn got up at our alarm time - 4:30. When we woke the boys, Joshua cried and cried that it was still dark out. We felt bad for him. They did better once we were on the road. We grabbed a drive-through breakfast and drove straight to Baltimore to catch our South West flight. On the way there, Joshua kept telling the road lights that they had to go off so the sun could come out. It was a foggy morning, and I explained that the sun would come out later and burn off the clouds that were hindering our visibility. Joshua asked if it would hurt them to get burned. In the meantime, Caleb was in the BEST mood. He was all smiles and giggles for that time of day.

We arrived on time for our flight and the boys ran a little bit near the gate where we waited to board. Poor little 'Bluke tripped over another kid who jumped out in front of him at the last second (accidentally) and took quite the spill, severely cutting and bruising his lip. As I held him, I got blood all over my shirt. Poor little guy! Soon enough we boarded, and Shawn & I sat across the aisle from one another since seats were three left and three right and now both our kids are old enough to require an actual seat. A woman saw me and Joshua sitting together and crawled in over top off us to take the window seat, saying she has kids and was traveling alone so she didn't mind sitting next to a child. She talked our ears off, but she was nice to Joshua and that's all that mattered to me. Even though the flight was full, no one sat next to Caleb Luke, which I thought was a good thing.

We had packed their little DVD player and our little laptop so both boys had entertainment and a parent. I also packed their individual back packs with snacks and toys for them. Joshua held onto my hand as the plane took off, and the woman next to him grabbed his other hand. I thought it was a little strange, but harmless as she was nice enough. Both boys did INCREDIBLY well the entire flight. They were well behaved and I dare even say easy. Shawn played "keep the tray back" up with Caleb during our descent into the airport, but the little guy didn't try to run (which is always my fear). Joshua didn't scream or cry or fuss that we were landing. He was very brave.

When we got off the plane, the boys ran to see Mamaw, Papaw & Aunt Erica who were waiting in their typical spots for us (thanks!). We got our luggage and our rental car, which is decently nice. I wouldn't pick it for a 'normal' car buts it's been great to get from point A to B. We then went to lunch as a family before departing ways - them back to their house and us onto Boca Raton, FL. More to come!

No comments: