Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Day of School Continued...

Thursday also started classes for me. I only teach one class this fall, but it's my favorite one. Joshua had wanted to snuggle at nap time, and since he had had a big day, I said okay. I laid with him in bed for almost 45 minutes, and it was nice to relax even though I didn't accomplish all I had planned to that afternoon. After their naps, I dropped the boys off at my mom's house so I could head into school early. On the way there, I swung by my friend Julie's house to drop off a check for a NYC trip. She's coordinating a tour bus to see some shows & sights in December as a fundraiser for their church. After checking with Shawn's Grandma Good about the date and asking my sister & mom to babysit, we decided to go and enjoy a day in the big city.
 
The boys had fun at Mamaw's house and she told me that Joshua said to her, "Mama's a good girl. I love her!" Too sweet! Shawn picked the boys up after work and took them to Barnes & Nobles for something different. He let them pick out a cookie, thinking they would opt for chocolate chip, but instead they both chose a sugar cookie with PINK frosting & sprinkles (they both told me they got pink cookies when I got home from class that night). Then the 'big' event happened - Joshua told Daddy he had to go potty. Shawn didn't have the potty seat with him, but he took the boys to the big stall and held Joshua while he went. This was his first success out in public doing his 'official' business. He did a great job! That night he told me that he "pooped at Barnes & Naval's." Haaa!!! He also said that they played trains, and he'd really like a Harold the Helicopter & Jeremy the Airplane. And they read lots of books - that they looked at with their eyes but didn't touch. They had fun with Daddy.

When I got home that night, I kicked off my shoes and Caleb started wearing them around the house. He LOVES shoes. He often puts on Joshua's, which irritates the Bean. He also wears Daddy's from time to time, which makes us smile. But, a little boy in high heels is just a funny sight!

No comments: