Sunday, September 19, 2010

Family Fun

Last week my in-laws came into town. The timing of their trip worked out well for our family. Shawn went on a business trip to Kentucky for his work, and I had a few things going on in the evenings like a hair appointment and worship practice. They were gracious in watching the boys for us so I could do what needed to be done while Shawn was gone. I missed my hubby like crazy, but the week did go by quickly. These pictures were borrowed from Aunt Erica. Above is Great Grandma Kennel with Mamaw and Papaw & Joshua are below at the restaurant.
Tuesday morning I went to Bible study, and Caleb was excited to go to preschool, too. I packed him a little backpack and he went happily into class. Tuesday night I got my hair done and got rid of the blonde streaks. I miss them, but it was time for a change, particularly as my tan is going away. The boys had a great time playing with Mamaw, Papaw, Aunt Erica & Aunt Missy. They went for pizza and to the mall, I think.
Wednesday morning, I checked out a mom's group that meets near by. It was a strange experience, but you don't know until you check it out! That was also Joshua's first day of soccer. That evening, I had worship practice and the boys enjoyed more play time with Papaw & Aunt Erica. These pictures of them sliding at the park was from that evening, I believe. In the picture above, Joshua is opening his birthday gifts from them.
It was nice that the boys had something to look forward to while Daddy was away. Shawn came home late Wednesday night just to turn around again and go back into work early Thursday morning. Since I had class that night, I didn't see him until late Thursday night. I heard Joshua tell him that he can go back to playing with his big trains (what the boys say Shawn does at work since there are trains there), but he shouldn't go to Kentucky anymore. We all missed Daddy! The boys did well until bedtime. Our typical routine includes both of us tucking them in, each taking a turn with one and then switching to snuggle the other before tucking them in the covers. Both boys asked for Shawn to take his turn, even though he hadn't been there the rest of the day.
This was also Joshua's last week of being 3 - it was a fun but busy week! Notice the boys shirts say "I Love Mommy" and "Dad Is My Hero." I think shirts with sayings are so cute!
Mamaw had a bit of a cold the last day she was here, and I think the Bean may have caught it. Please pray that everyone feels better soon! We head to Florida in less than a week, and we want everyone to feel healthy and well.

No comments: