Sunday, September 5, 2010

Binn's Park

Friday morning, I was trying to decide what to do with the boys. My original plan was to stay home and read/do crafts, but then I thought about the fact that we only have a few more weeks of beautiful weather. So, I decided a morning outside was absolutely necessary! Grandpa Georgia stopped in as we were finishing breakfast. I brewed a fresh pot of coffee, and we sat and chatted for awhile as the boys played trains and ran around and told Grandpa all kinds of stories. After he left, we got ready and headed out to Binn's Park in the city. I prayed about where to park, and God gave me what I'll call "rock star parking." This little water area is located on Queen Street near the intersection of Chesnut but there is limited parking in the area. As I drove down Prince I saw a few spots but knew we'd have to walk a few blocks. I decided to circle the area to see if there was anything closer for the boys, and just as I was heading down Chesnut, the end car put on his signal. I let him out and pulled right into his spot, not even having to parallel park since it was the last spot! I praised God and thanked Him for always taking care of us. As I fed the meter with quarters, I noticed the meter next to mine only had a few minutes until it ran out. So, I did my good deed and put some spare change in that meter as well. Then we crossed the street and were right where we needed to be for the fun!
Joshua was wearing his Buzz Light Year t-shirt, as you'll see. He asked "where's his head?" not realizing that he was supposed to be Buzz. Too cute! He hesitantly tried to catch the water...
In the meantime, Caleb dove right in. He LOVES to get wet! Water all over his head doesn't bother him in the slightest, and he was having a BLAST!
Lots of other kids were there that morning, and I overheard a few of them comment how Caleb would go right in the middle as all the water was dumping there. He has no fear! He'd just laugh and laugh and all the kids would run and play as the water circled through the patterns.
Joshua went into the middle with Caleb at one point. Then he looked down to see where the water had went. At that very moment, it came shooting up out of the ground and right into his nose. He coughed and sputtered - poor little guy had bad timing! He raced out of there and didn't go back in. He just stood on the outside of the circle and caught the water with his hands and feet.
In the meantime, my little soaked Caleb Luke skipped and ran around the entire place like he owned it. It's so funny how different they are!
We stayed for about an hour, and then we headed out to my friend's house who lives on Union Street. She saw that we were going to the Barnstormer's that night and graciously offered to give me some free ride tickets for Clipper Stadium that she had and hadn't used. I picked them up at her place since we were already in the city that day. (Thanks so much!)
We had a great morning out! When we got home, I got us lunch and the boys went down for their naps in preparation for the busy night we had ahead of us. We LOVE Binn's Park and are blessed to have fun free activities to do in this area.

No comments: