Friday, September 10, 2010

Silly Songs With Daddy

Yesterday, Joshua enjoyed preschool. When he left he got a "perfect" sticker, and Mrs. Dearborn told me that "he has lots of energy." Haaa!!! That's an understatement! :) :) :) He is SO wound up and excited for preschool since we encourage him that it's going to be FUN. Finally this morning he told me he wants to go back. So, I'm feeling better about sending him.

Yesterday was my second week of class, too. It went well, and when I left I called Shawn to have him & the boys meet me at the dealership to drop off my car for an oil change (our coupon made it the cheapest place around, and it was due). When I got into Daddy's car, leaving my keys and ride behind, Joshua said he had a song for me. To the tune of 'Scooby Doo' (I think!) he sang, "Momma, I love you, and I like you, too! Momma you're a pretty girl." He continued on, as I smiled. I told him how much I enjoyed the song, and then Caleb said it was his turn. He sang a lot more softly, but I heard the same words. Too cute! I asked Joshua if Daddy had been singing with him and teaching him new songs, and he said yes! So I asked Daddy to sing, too, only Daddy replied that he taught the boys so he doesn't have to sing. Haaa!!! They crack me up. It was a sweet gesture.
When we got home, the outside light was on and all the moths and bugs were flying around it since it was dark, of course. Joshua said "WOW! Look at all those butterflies!" We smiled. Not butterflies, my dear, but they do look similar. These things, however, get in your house if you're not quick when you open the door. ;-) I love my silly boys and their new ways of looking at life. And I love my husband and his silly songs. This one is a keeper. :) :) :)

These pictures are from our swimming play date at the end of last month. There are a few more good ones, but these were cutest ones of the boys.

No comments: