Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Every Letter Makes a Sound

Last night as we were taking a walk around the neighborhood, I asked Joshua what sound the letter "A" makes, and he gave me the correct answer. I continued with all the letters, the entire way up through "Z" and he answered correctly except for "K" (which confused him with it sounding like "C") and "Y." I was surprised that he knew as many of the sounds as he did. We've been working on them, and he has a little video about them, but he soaks more in than I realize. Great job, little buddy! That's one of the first steps toward reading big boy books.

Also on our walk last night, and NOT so exciting, we came across a SNAKE! I couldn't believe it when I saw this thing slither on our path. We must of startled it, too, because it coiled right up when we got close. I quickly got off the path and went around and Joshua said "Look! A snake! Do you see it?!?!" Oh, yes, I had seen it already and was trying not to panic. Yuck! It slithered away as we passed by. And, of course, we lived to tell about  the experience.

No comments: