Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sights, Sounds & More!

On Saturday, August 28, I had heard on WJTL that they were having their Kid's Cookie Break at Sight 'n Sound Theater, where they would be showing "Joseph" and having live animals and face painting, etc. I thought it sounded neat and expected Joshua to really get a kick out of it. Unfortunately, it didn't go as well as I had hoped.
When we got there, Joshua was scared of the animals (granted, the first one we saw was a skunk!). Meanwhile, Caleb just wanted to RUN! We saw our friends the Spencer's there, and they sat in front of us during the actual show. I didn't realize it wasn't the real version of the show, but instead they asked kids to participate on stage while they took turns telling the story. Caleb wanted to run on stage (which I understood since lots of other kids were up there) and Joshua was extremely bored. He kept asking when the movie was going to start. Daddy took Caleb out since he didn't want to sit still, and our little guy got his face painted... it looked a little bit like a blue star that he wiped off. We went home as soon as the production was over. Such is life! I thought it would have been fun for the kids, and I'm glad we went so I didn't wander what it would have been like.
Daddy took these pictures with his phone since I hadn't grabbed the camera. They aren't great, but they give you the idea. That night, Miranda came and watched the boys for us. We ate dinner together outside at the Marion Court, and then we went to Mike & Kelly Hartmann's house for a wine and cheese party. Kelly's oldest son went back to school, and they were celebrating. There weren't a lot of people who came, but that was actually nice because we got to visit more with them. And the food was out of this world! I can't imagine how much money they spent on the hors d' oeuvres, cheese and wine. We had a nice time and were the first ones to leave at 10:30 pm. Shawn took our babysitter home while I checked on the boys and we both went to bed. It was a nice night out as adults - something we don't get nearly often enough. :)

No comments: