Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Son-Day

Sunday, August 29, was the fifth Sunday of the month. Since I wasn't able to be there the previous week, I was asked to be on the worship team for that day. It was fun, and I'm glad to be able to serve in this way. I walked back with Daddy to grab the boys in between services, and Joshua was sad that I wasn't coming home with them. So I walked them out to the car. By the time I got home, Daddy had already put them down for their naps. I did see our next door neighbors at church that afternoon, which was cool.
At some point that afternoon, I took the boys for a walk. These pictures weren't actually taken on Sunday, but you get the idea of what they looked like. It was a beautiful day! It's been very cool in the evenings (getting down in the 60s) and then warming up during the day to the upper 80s to low 90s. Since we realized summer is soon coming to an end, we decided to go out for dinner that night to an outdoor dining spot near our house. The boys enjoyed their food, but Joshua accidentally tipped his cheap plastic chair over and got hurt. His hand was pretty dug up and his knee was skinned. The woman there felt bad for him and gave the boys cookies. I think it helped! I gave them a bath that night, and he asked me not to get his ouchy hand. Poor little guy!
He keeps telling me this week, "Momma, you're a good girl!" He's said it for numerous reasons that I don't even remember, but every time he says it, I crack up. Our little guys are so adorable. I think the pitter patter of little feet make a house feel happy. I'm thankful to have two little boys in our home. :)

No comments: