Sunday, August 1, 2010

True Love

Tonight I just wanted to post how much I love my amazing husband. He really is a gift from God. I remember reading Scriptures like "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:4). My delight is definitely in God, and one of my strongest desires growing up was to get married... And all I can say is WOW! Did God answer and even exceed my expectations. At 14 I heard the song below from Nouveax on Valentine's Day - getting ready for school, feeling like the ugly ducking, and I remember singing it and thinking 'maybe tomorrow'... I even prayed for my husband to be. And God was so faithful to me. I love Shawn not only because he's so handsome, but he also treats me like gold and is an amazing father to our kids. He has so many incredible qualities that I couldn't even begin to list, and I didn't even know to ask for when I was praying. But, God knew and created my husband to be the man he is today. I am blessed beyond measure.

The other day, I got into my car (I forget now even where I was going) and it was one of those rare times that I was driving by myself. I turned on the radio and this song started within seconds. It was God reminding me of His faithfulness and love for me. I adore Him most of all, and I love Shawn as His precious gift to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love that picture of you and Shawn. It's so funny that you posted that song b/c I was listening to it yesterday and thinking of you (well, thinking how you & I used to listen to that song). Loved seeing you and the boys yesterday and am a little sad today thinking that we don't live closer. I'm working on being content though! Love you! Suz