Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blessed Beyond Measure!

Not long ago, I finished reading the Old Testament. I remember reading one of my favorite verses: "'Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,' says the LORD Almighty, 'and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.'" Malachi 3:10. Well, I didn't realize that the 'floodgates' of blessing would include clothing! But God has once again provided for us.

We have been very blessed that Joshua has an older cousin Grant, and they are very generous in lending us his old clothing. As I was going through the bin of clothing (thanks so much!), I noticed that there were only a couple pairs of 4T pants, so I knew I had to do some school shopping. Then I saw on ad on Craig's List for 4T and 5T clothing in HUGE lots. I went to the lady's house (which is nerve-wracking, but it worked out okay), and I got more clothing than we even have room for. I left a majority of it behind for her to sell to someone else and still came home with a lot of new things for Joshua (and eventually Caleb!). For $30, I bought a pair of shoes that he'll grow into (they're exactly half a size too big) that were brand new, 15 pairs of pants including many adjustable waist jeans and khakis, more than a dozen 5T t-shirts, a sweatsuit, two pairs of pajamas, and several long-sleeve shirts. Combining that with what Aunt Gayle & Uncle Brian allowed us to borrow (including a nice warm coat, a couple hooded sweatshirts and several long-sleeve shirts), we have filled Joshua's dressers full of clothing for this preschool year. I don't think I could add more even if I wanted to! We are truly blessed!

This afternoon I worked on putting everything away and then I moved Joshua's 3T clothing into a bin for Caleb, who I think will be wearing these items soon. I also dug out all Caleb's winter clothing and put away a lot of his summer things, leaving out plenty for the rest of this month or so. We have so much to be thankful for!

Mamaw had bought Joshua some clothes for school, but since he didn't really need them, she suggested we return them and use the money toward sneakers, which he really needs. I can't believe that he's in a 10.5W - he skipped an entire size! So, we'll be doing some shoe shopping soon. Another blessing! I am so thankful that God provides for us in little and big ways. Today as I was overwhelmed with all the folding and sorting, I'm feeling like this was a BIG way! Thank you, Lord!

By the way, the pictures from this post are from a week or so ago when we tried to paint macaroni noodles. I realized that I don't have any spray paint, so we tried with just regular paint, which didn't go so well. We were going to string them into necklaces, but it ended up being a little messy. That said, the boys had fun! And since I had been sick, I didn't force them to get dressed that day. They both wanted "bellies out" and I said 'why not?' They love craft time.

No comments: