Monday, August 9, 2010

Craft-matic

Wednesday afternoon after we had cooked but before Daddy got home, I decided to break out a craft for the kids. We had done things like play-doh and painting, etc, earlier in the week, and we had gone for a walk already that day and spent some time outside. I don't think Caleb was feeling the best, so I thought an indoor activity might be the best idea.
The first thing I did was grab some construction paper and some old tissue paper from gifts of birthdays past. Then I got out the scissors and let Joshua do some cutting while I cut small squares from the tissue paper. Caleb also wanted to cut, but he got more interested in the gluing on of the paper after I had some squares ready. Joshua picked the black construction paper and Caleb picked the orange. I had an old tablecloth on the table just in case we'd have any spills, which didn't happen. Joshua sometimes preferred the glue stick, and I also put a little bit of glue in a lid for the boys. But, what they enjoyed the most was when I put dots of glue on the paper and then they stuck the tissue paper squares to that dot that was already there.
They did a great job of telling me where to stick the next dot of glue and taking different colored tissue paper to put on their construction paper. And they highly enjoyed it, I could tell. They didn't fight one bit about whose turn it was or what color paper they wanted. When they ran out, I cut more squares while they waited for more to come. Here they are holding up their finished crafts:
Thursday night they stayed with Mamaw for a bit while Daddy & I went on an errand, and then Friday morning we went over to swim with her. They LOVE to swim. So, we took them to Skyline Pool again on Saturday night, which they enjoyed. I need to start remembering my digital camera since I have a new one where the screen officially works! Thank you, Daddy! Here's the finished crafts drying - enjoy the mosaic!

No comments: