Monday, August 9, 2010

Little Friends

Last Monday was a productive yet nice day. My friend Suz and her son Ian came over to play. She was in town since her hubby was away on business. Since she didn't come until 11, I had time in the morning to finish unpacking and cleaning the house. We had a great time visiting with them (as always!), and the Bean LOVED the baby. He would sit right in front of Ian and they giggled at each other. He would give toys to 'the baby' and share things with Ian. It was so precious to watch. Ian is sitting up on his own now, which made him enjoy his time at our house more, I think. And Suz is always great to talk to - I love how we can pick up where we left off. :) :) :) I made us lunch and then she left around nap time so all three boys could rest. While my kids napped, I mowed our lawn. It desperately needed done, and the forecast said rain that night. So, rather than chance Shawn not getting it done, I took one for the team. :) Shawn seemed glad when he got home that the house was clean and the yard was mowed, etc.

The next day, Grandpa Georgia stopped in with Grace since it was her birthday. We went to a local produce stand where I bought cantaloupe for a quarter, watermelon for a dollar, and all sorts of other produce at amazingly cheap prices - I got cucumbers, squash, tomatoes, peaches, homemade bread, whoopie pies, peppers, onions, and more! Then we took the kids to McDonald's for lunch and let them play on the outdoor playground. While the kids napped that afternoon, I cut up all the fresh stuff and put it in the fridge for snacks. That night for dinner, we had western omelettes with cheese - fresh peppers, onions, ham, etc. and fresh baked bread with strawberry jam. I love breakfast for dinner! And I love cheap fresh produce even more - we are blessed in Lancaster County. Mostly, though, I love our family and friends. :) :) :)

No comments: