Monday, August 16, 2010

Church Art

Yesterday we went to church at our typical time on Sunday mornings, and thankfully when Joshua woke up, he was excited to go. The week before he was a little hesitant to go in his classroom, but then he had fun "fishing" and wanted to be there this week. Caleb had been the one that clings to us for dear life when going to class, but then he got used to the helpers in the 1-year-old room. We were concerned when he went to Oyster Bay (his two-year-old room) but it turns out that he LOVES it! He actually let go of Daddy and asked to go in the room by himself. As a parent, it makes you feel good when your kids are enjoying themselves at church and learning about God at the same time.
When we picked up the boys, I smiled at their artwork and thought I would share it. Caleb's picture is above. I think he really likes these activities. We've been teaching Joshua in particular that "God is always with me" when he gets scared. I loved this reminder from the Lord in the form of the lion on Caleb's picture. And I thought it was cute that he both colored it and glued felt squares to it that are lion-colored. Gotta love felt!

Then we went to Joshua's room. I heard the man pick up his son before us and said "Thanks, buddy! World's Best Daddy! That's great!" Knowing how much the Bean loves his daddy, I assumed that this paper was for Shawn when the teacher handed it to me. Then she said "This one says 'World's Best Mom.'" I grinned from ear-to-ear. I am anything but the world's best mom, but I was certainly blessed that Joshua picked me for his picture. He grinned from ear-to-ear as he came out of his class and told me he made this for me. I love it!

No comments: