Thursday, August 12, 2010

Swimming Sweeties

Monday morning, Grandma called to see if we'd like to come to her pool and swim. I was planning on cleaning the entire day, but I knew the boys would enjoy the water so we went over. And they highly enjoyed swimming. It was a beautiful day out. After we were done, we went back to her house for lunch (thanks!) and we played in her basement. Joshua got out the stamper set, and we had a lot of fun with it.
There are a ton of little shapes that you put on paper that make cut-outs. He was enjoying the shapes cut out of the paper (like the one above) and I used glue to put the actual colorful cut-outs on another white paper. There was a house, the sun, palm trees, a family, a car, musical notes, a butterfly, flowers, a dancer, and more! The Bean really liked the dinosaur ones, I remember. I made the little family above, and I thought about how these stampers could be used to make cool stationary. Mom said she bought them for the kids to play with - they were neat-o! Since we enjoyed the 'craft' time so much, she handed me another little craft to do with the boys some day that she had left over from when she & Jamie taught Sunday school at their church. I'll post about it later.

When we got home that day, I put the boys to bed and got to work on cleaning our house. I scrubbed all three bathrooms, cleaned the entire kitchen including the appliances and wiping down all the cabinets, I swept and mopped all the floors, I dusted every last piece of furniture in our house, I finished the laundry and put it away, I made the beds, I organized, etc. Shawn even helped when he got home by vacuuming, taking out the trash, and tidying up the toys on the back porch. It feels good to have a clean house!
Shawn also blew up the kiddie pool that Caleb had received as a birthday gift. Only, the pool came pre-patched ???? and still had holes all through it. Shawn rigged the bottom parts but the top one didn't stay inflated at all. That worked out okay, though, because we could then put the taller slide in the pool, which the boys enjoy.
The leader of our MOPS group had emailed me to see if I'd be willing to host a play date. Sure - I never mind offering our home. She emailed the other gals and told them to come at 9:30 am and bring their kids' bathing suits and let them know we might venture over to the playground behind our house. But 9:30 came and went and no one came. She finally showed up at 10:30 (and she's typically late, I know from past experience) and didn't bring her little girl's swimsuit who kept begging to go swimming. I felt so bad, but I don't have any little girls or any little girl suits. :( I also felt bad that this lady has tried in the past to organize things that no one has gone to. But, when it was at my house, I also felt like no one liked me either. I guess that's life!
We did have a nice time with the gal who came and her daughter. We went to the playground for a little while and played inside. I had bought snacks which we also enjoyed. When they left at lunch time, I got the boys suits on since I had promised them swimming that day. They LOVED it! The picture above cracked me up - Joshua is SUCH a hoarder. These little ocean animals were also one of Caleb's gifts, but Joshua is holding onto each and every one for dear life!
Caleb didn't mind, though. He played with the cups and did more floating on his belly.
Joshua enjoys sliding down the slide into the water. He LOVES being outside!
Eventually it was time to go inside for naps so I could prepare dinner. We enjoy summer and swimming!

No comments: