Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Silly Bean!

The other day, Joshua found a couple quarters on our counter where Daddy emptied his pockets. He immediately asked for lemonade. Shawn & I both looked at each other puzzled, then he said again "may I have that lemonade?" We giggled, remembering that they had watched a Curious George where he sold lemonade for money. He knows it's money, yet he thought that this was tied with lemonade as well. Every time he said it, we giggled. He is a funny kiddo!
Yesterday, he had been telling me most of the day how tired he was. And he should have been - he came to our bedroom throughout the night. I wanted him to wait to nap until it was time to help him not continue this schedule. I could tell he was getting really tired, though, and I wasn't sure we would make it. I asked him to do something which he whined about. Rather than get upset, knowing that does no good, I decided to change it up a little. Since the Bean loves stories, I offered to tell him a story. I said "Once upon a time, there was a boy named Joshua..." and I continued to explain what I wanted him to do. As soon as I was finished, he looked at me and asked if he could take a turn. He said, "Once upon a time, there was a boy named Joshua. And he was tired of stories and ready for his nap." I laughed and laughed and laughed!

No comments: