Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Joshua's First Movie

Saturday, July 10, it was pouring outside. After a trip to the library, I suggested we take the Bean to see his first movie. Shawn looked up the times and then said he didn't want to take Caleb along since he has a more difficult time sitting still. Shawn offered to stay home with our little Bluke while I took the Bean, but I thought it would be nice if both parents could see Joshua's first theater experience. So, luckily Grandma called us back just in the nick of time for us to drop off the little Bluke at her house before heading to the movie. I dressed both boys in Toy Story t-shirts (they're both Caleb's shirts) and I found it ironic that Caleb's says "No One Gets Left Behind."
Caleb had fun at Mamaw's while we raced across town to be at Penn Cinema by 12:10 pm for the movie. There was a line out the door for tickets on this rainy Saturday! We made it in plenty of time, though.
Here's Daddy & Joshua in line to purchase our tickets - the Bean was so excited! Doesn't he look like such a cutie pie?
Below are our stubs from that day. Even matinee movie prices are expensive. But it was worth it for this trip to the movies. The Bean highly enjoyed it.
Daddy went and got Joshua some 'snacks' of popcorn and fruit treats and a cup of ice water. He enjoyed it while the previews played - he kept whispering to me "when is Toy Story coming?"
Joshua enjoyed the movie as much as he did the first two. But at the beginning of it, the home video made me a little teary. Then in the middle of it, Joshua came over and sat on my lap for a little while as he was getting tired and wanted to snuggle. Then at the end when the mom looked at her son's empty room and got sad again, once again I was in tears. Joshua held my hand and said, "it's okay, Momma." I smiled at him. He's such a sweetie pie. Later he promised me not to grow up too quickly on me!




Doesn't he look so adorable in the pictures above? We stopped and posed in front of the movie poster before leaving that afternoon. He told us he was ready to go get Caleb. They are best buddies! And thus ended Joshua's first ever experience at the movie theater. I can say without a doubt that he LOVED It!

No comments: