Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Joshua Turns the Big 3-0!

Yes, it's true! Joshua is 30 months old as of today...exactly two and a half years!This morning, Joshua said "Good morning, puzzle! I'm happy to see you, puzzle!" He just loves putting together these puzzles and can tell you where each piece belongs.This afternoon he ate a piece of cheese into the shape of an 'L' and proudly exclaimed "Look, momma, an L!" I was surprised that it was actually an L-shape. He is so sharp!We just completed a 30-month survey, and there were some things on it that we had to say "not yet" to, but that just gives us things to work on (like drawing a circle or describing a picture that he took the time to create, etc). My favorite thing that he does, though, is sings. (I wonder what God's favorite thing we do would be.) Joshua only cuddles now if he's really, really tired...I miss my snuggle bug, but I'm so thankful he's growing and learning and becoming a unique person of God. As we were driving to MOPS on Tuesday, he asked me where Jesus lives, and I told him that Jesus lives in our heart. He repeated after me to have Jesus in his heart. While I realize he will have to pray this when he fully understands the concept and makes the life choice to leave sin behind, I'm thankful he's interested in learning about our Lord.Happy birthday, my big boy Bean!

No comments: