Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'm Happy to See You!

On Friday morning, we had breakfast with my mom at Oregon Dairy Restaurant (which has scrumptious pancakes that Caleb helped me scarf down, while Joshua devoured lots of bacon). When we got there, Grandma said "Joshua, I'm happy to see you!" When Joshua saw Daddy after work that night, that was the first thing out of the Bean's mouth, which surprised Shawn. "I'm happy to see you, Daddy!" Shawn beamed. We had actually met at Grandma's house to pick up her area rug that she gave us since she's moving into Ken's house - which again, I won't put my comments about that on the blog. Thanks, Mom, for breakfast and for the new rug that looks beautiful in our living room! I enjoyed seeing you.
Today was absolutely gorgeous out. It felt like the nicest spring day, so we couldn't pass up the opportunity to go to the park. Joshua played and played on the equipment that used to terrify him. There was a gi-normous older kid there (who was probably a bit too big for the kiddy playground), but Joshua wasn't intimidated at all. He took his turn going down the slide and winding the crank, etc. He LOVED it! In fact, he was upset when we decided it was time to go. We took one loop around the park with Daddy holding the tearful Bean and me pushing Caleb in the stroller - and we were amused by all the people outside playing basketball & soccer, biking, jogging, walking their pets, playing and just enjoying the fresh air. It was heaven! We also bumped into one of Shawn's co-workers, who was out with his wife and grandkids. Next, we decided to go "adventuring" on a path that led from the park the whole way back up to our front door. It was a great walk! Both kids fell asleep with the light breeze, and Shawn & I soaked in the sunshine.We ran some other errands today, too, and I cleaned out our filthy coat closet and put away all mittens, hats, etc with high hopes of not needing them until next year; plus, we moved our other area rugs around. Then, we decided to get some takeout before bathing the kids and putting them to bed; after all, we lose an hour of sleep tonight but hopefully gain an hour of sunshine in the coming weeks, which will be key for our playtime!Caleb also took a pretty hard spill today, but he seems to be doing okay. He scared momma half to death! My youngest boy has also been gabbing away this afternoon, adding 'Dada' and 'no-no' to his vocabulary.We didn't go to church this evening because of Joshua's cold. He's on the mend, but I don't want him picking up something else (he has a knack for getting whatever is on it's way around), and I certainly don't want his germs spreading to any other healthy children. So, we'll try to listen to the sermon tomorrow morning. We ended off the day by letting both boys bathe in the same bathtub. After all, most parents who have kids the same gender give baths together, right? Well, our first attempt didn't go so hot. It started off fine until they wanted the same toys, and then when Joshua started to cry because I was washing his hair (which isn't really normal for him anymore, but he was also upset that he didn't have the full length of the tub to "swim" and splash in), it scared Caleb who also started to wail, which is the first time he's ever cried in the tub. So, I hurried and got Caleb out of the bath while Daddy let Joshua play a few more minutes until I was ready to put him in his jammies. We shall try again - I know someday they'll enjoy bathtime together; it's just getting used to the idea that will take a little time.Now both boys are in bed, and I'm going to go enjoy some Daddy time all to myself. Goodnight!

No comments: