Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Here we are in our festive green attire, celebrating St. Patrick's Day '09!
My mom's maiden name is Moore, but when her ancestors came to America, they were O'More and put that "o" in the middle of the last name to blend better with the locals. As Shawn would attest, I'm quite Irish. Here's a picture of my mom & her sister Karen who was up to visit this past weekend.My very thoughtful husband brought home flowers to celebrate the special occasion - I always say there's a reason to celebrate each day! This is the day that the Lord has made - we will rejoice and be glad in it! (Psalm 118)
Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to MOPS and just take Joshua. Mom stayed with Caleb (who is still not feeling 100% better - please pray for him!), and I enjoyed my morning out. I just love all the gals in our group, and we had a wonderful time chatting and catching up. Yesterday instead of a special speaker or craft, it was a Q&A session where moms got to ask and answer one another's questions. My friends Margie & Melanie announced to the group that they were expecting; although I already knew both. :) :) :) Babies abound in this group!Then last night I went to a sneak preview of "Dream Dinners" that my friend Becca hosted. I picked up Margie who lives nearby and saw Melanie, Renee, Melissa, Becca and a few other folks there. We put together a meal that I'm anxious to try...early next week we will be in for a treat! It was a fun night out!
Kiss me, I'm Irish!

Hope you all enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day, too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Val, your blog is always so uplifting. You look great in these pictures too! See you soon!

Unknown said...

Opps--that comment was from me, Suzy. I forgot to put my name. hehe. :)