Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Florida Visitors

Shawn's mom and sister Erica drove up from Florida last Tuesday, and we've been able to spend some quality time with them. I haven't downloaded any pictures from their stay so far, but we've enjoyed visiting with them.

Tuesday as they were driving, Joshua, Caleb & I went to a playdate at Becca's house with our MOPS group. We had fun as usual! Beth and her daughter, Renee and her daughter and Melissa were there and we enjoyed snacks, playtime and chatting. Tuesday night, I gave Shawn some time to do his Ebay business, and we went to my mom's house for a little while. Joshua & 'Ma-maw' chased her cat all over the house. He said "Come on, Ma-maw. Let's find the kitty!" and she would follow along. He loves it! It's sad to me that she soon won't be living there... but I'll leave my thoughts on that off the blog.

Wednesday morning I took the kids to the pediatrician because I noticed their running noses the day before, and it feels like we've had colds for over a month. The pediatrician thinks that the boys got over one cold and caught another. Both of their ears looked good, and so did Joshua's lungs, etc. Soon Spring will come - right? Wednesday evening, we met the Floridian travelers, along with Missy & Kevin at Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant. Nothing ruins your diet more than mennonite feasting! We had a nice time, though.The gals took Joshua for the day on Thursday morning, and I went to Discount Shoe Warehouse in Downingtown with my mom. That night, our small group ladies had a moms' night out, which was fun! We went to the Olive Garden, honored our friend Becca who's going to have a baby in April, and enjoyed chatting the normal girl-talk. It was great! I've really enjoyed getting to know this group of friends and "doin' life together." We are doing the "Fireproof Your Marriage" Bible Study with their families, and Shawn & I have enjoyed talking about the various points raised in the first session, which have led to other discussions. I recommend it to any couple or group!

Friday the kids and I met up with Grandma, Aunt Erica and Aunt Missy and went to Country Gardens for lunch and then shopping. It was fun, and the kids just adore the family time. Thanks so much for inviting us along!

On Saturday I started the day by working out with the Bean. There is nothing funnier, I'm sure, than watching this guy work out (maybe because I can't see myself?). He has his own set of "dumb bells" [foam cylinders that came in his blocks set] and he goes right along with the jumping jacks and crunches, etc. It is adorable.

That afternoon, I met some former co-workers (Donna, Dave and Leslie) from the Credit Union at Toscani Grill in Reading. We had a wonderful time catching up. Leslie and Donna both have kids my age (and I think Dave is somewhere around my age), but we all enjoyed working together. I think that's because 1) we all had the same work ethic, which not a lot of folks there shared [meaning we went above and beyond in doing our work for the personal satisfaction of doing a good job, not because anyone 'rewarded' such efforts], 2) we all had caring hearts and similar life views, and 3) we enjoyed similar jokes, etc. It's been nice that even after Leslie and I left, we still try to get together on occasion to see how the others have been doing.Saturday night, Shawn & I decided not to go to church since Joshua has been having some difficulties with colds and breathing, etc. We'll decide week-by-week until March (along with cold & flu season!) is over. Instead, Grandma & Aunt Erica came over and we went out to dinner. I've eaten a lot over the past week (ugh!!!) but we've enjoyed the company. Next week will be back to the grind!

Sunday was our anniversary. Grandma, Erica & Missy watched our boys so we could go out to dinner at the Iron Hill Brewery. Afterward, we went to Barnes & Nobles for dessert & drinks and we set some 'life goals' for the next year that didn't include the kids but more things that we wanted to accomplish before our next anniversary. It was nice to hear things important to Shawn and share my heart as well. It was a wonderful time! We thoroughly enjoyed being out as adults (and I had another excuse to wear my new zebra-print heels!). Thanks, my love!

Monday we got several inches of snow, which the Floridians weren't too fond of. We took over pizza and birthday cake and enjoyed hanging out in their suite. Even though the roads are now clear, I didn't venture out to MOPS today because Joshua woke up with some difficulty breathing. I gave him a breathing treatment and have been closely monitoring him since.

We've enjoyed hanging out with our extended family and friends. Caleb has been his normal exploring, adventuring self, and Joshua still says the funniest things that make us all howl. My children are truly treasures from God!

No comments: