Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Good Boys

There are days that being a mom is so much fun...This morning I got the boys dressed and ready but I have time to relax in my nightgown before showering...I'm glad I didn't have to rush off to work!This morning I've gotten smiles from two little boys who were anxious to be held by me. :) :) :) That's worth far more than a measely paycheck!Yesterday when the boys napped, so did I. I slept hard, too. Poor Shawn hasn't had a good night's sleep (much like me) in weeks, but he hasn't been able to nap since he's at work.Last night we were watching football as a family (well, I was doing my Bible study homework, but Shawn would 'replay' parts that he wanted me to see). Caleb was propped up on my knee, completely enthralled by the game. He reminds me of Shawn so much. Joshua is much more like me. He likes to be in the same room because he loves his Daddy so much, but he could care less about TV and was playing with his new train set from Aunt Jen's family. He is also extremely stubborn and emotional, and yet so fun to be around with his personality. Shawn tells me all the time how much this little boy reminds him of me. I agree. Joshua makes Shawn smile constantly. :)I never had the burning desire to have children when I was little. I always knew I wanted to get married and have a family, but I was the one that struggled to get baby doll clothes on the dolls. I liked being cared for and couldn't imagine myself caring for others. Yet, I adore both my boys and wouldn't trade them for the world. There are moments that we miss having extra money and nice things that don't get destroyed. In the end, though, money and things won't matter. These two (and any children we add to our brood down the road) will be our legacy.They weren't too sure about me snapping pictures all morning, but I got a few good ones.And I got several terrible ones... I love both my little blue-eyed boys so much...I'm looking forward to spending time with them both today!Hope you have a great day, too!

No comments: