Wednesday, September 3, 2008

YES! Jesus Loves ME!

Yesterday morning I started singing "Jesus Loves Me" to Joshua, and to my surprise, he started singing along. He says "YES! ...a-wum-me!" "YES! ...a-wum-me..." After I sang it quite a few times, I started again when he requested "More Song Please!" So, I said "Jesus loves me..." and Joshua sang "I KNOW!" and then I said 'For the Bible tells me..." (and I paused). Sure enough, he said "SO!" And he sang right along, speaking the words "weak" and "strong" pretty clearly. But the best is when he sings the chorus.

Last night he sang it for Shawn. Then this morning he asked me to sing it again "More Song!" So, we began to sing. "Jesus Loves..." (and I paused waiting to hear if he would remember...). You know what he sang? "Bean!" "I know!" Then I sang "For the Bible Tells Me..." and he jumped in "So!" I sang "Little Ones to Him" and he jumped in "B'long" me again "They are..." and he sang "weak" and I said "But He is..." and Joshua threw his arms in the air with his muscles and said "STRONG!"

We continued to sing "Yes (repeat yes) Jesus Loves..." "BEAN!" "Yes, (yes) Jesus Loves... "BEAN!" "Yes, (yes) Jesus Loves... "BEAN!" "The Bible Tells Me..." "So!"

I agree, Jesus Loves the Bean. And so do I!

No comments: