Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy 2-month birthday, Caleb!

Caleb has stolen my heart...he is such a precious little boy. He smiles and coos all the time. Even the nursery worker at church told me just how much he has to say! His smile lights up his whole face (and ours!). Caleb often goes through multiple outfits in a day (enough said!). I constantly change his diaper, but he still manages to get me neaerly daily. Last week, we had been in five different outfits before Daddy came home from work. I'm becoming a laundry machine!Each day I see Caleb getting stronger. He doesn't like to lay down as much as he likes to be propped looking around. He loves the swing and the bouncy seat now that it's more upright, and he loves to be held close. But, he'll push up on his arms when he's near your chest to try and look at your face...we are impressed by how strong he is already!He's also adorable. I used to think he looked exactly like Joshua, but each day his looks change more and more to become his own little person. He has huge blue eyes, and I love his little cheeks.Most of all, we're enjoying the dynamic he brings to our family. We talk about the "boys" now and how much Joshua enjoys his brother already. We also are thrilled with how easygoing Caleb is. He rarely cries and is usually pretty content just to be held. The other night he went six hours in between feedings! I'm going to check with the pediatrician to make sure that's okay. But, I really needed the sleep, so I was so glad. This past Friday night, we put him in his crib in the nursery for the first time. I'm happy to say that he hasn't slept in his pack 'n play in our room since. This transition was probably harder for me than for him since I now have to walk to go get him when he's hungry, but it's better for all of us, including Daddy, me and Caleb. Saturday night when Caleb cried as I was changing his diaper, Joshua tiptoed over to the nursery to make sure everything was okay. I jumped a mile! He said, "Baby okay?" I replied "yes" and that he should go back to bed. I scooped him up and he said 'night night...see you morning!' and that was it. I love my two boys!Happy two-month birthday, Caleb! We're glad God blessed us with you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i see by the one picture that he is not using the same finger as his older brother did at this age. He looks so precious!

Jessica said...

Oh my goash! He is adorable! I love that last picture! He has really changed since the last time I checked your blog. WOw, he is beautiful. We have some good looking kids, huh? :)