Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bidding Summer Farewell

The other morning, I saw this in the playroom - I thought it was so sweet.

On Sunday afternoon, we headed to Gilbertsville to Shawn's Uncle Jim & Aunt Shari's house to picnic with the Good's. We had a nice time. Then on Labor Day, Shawn stayed home to mow the yard while I took the boys to my mom's house for a picnic with my sister Jen's family and her friend Mary's family, along with Mary's mother-in-law Connie who is my mom's good friend. All the picnic food was delicious, but I managed to gain a couple pounds, so I must watch what I eat!

On the way home Sunday night, Joshua said from the back seat, "She's so funny!" We cracked up! He is Mr. Repeat these days and so sweet.
He cracked us up again last night when he saw the golden arches of McDonald's near our house and said "French Fries!" Is he his Daddy's boy or what? When we laughed, he said "I so funny!" and we laughed even harder so he kept saying it. How cute that he says it in context!
Last night Shawn also gave the Bean a haircut, and I decorated the house for fall after doing some laundry and cleaning up a little. Farewell Summer, Welcome Fall! (Although, it's supposed to be in the upper 80's to low 90's this week, so summer won't feel like it's left us quite yet!)

No comments: