Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Play Date & Picnic at the Park

We were supposed to have a "Petting Zoo & Picnic at the Park" today with the Moms Club of Manheim Township. However, when we got to Long's Park, the petting zoo was closed for the season. I guess they had scheduled the event months ago and it got rained out, so they postponed it until today. We didn't mind! The kids just played on the nearby playground.
Molly, the organizer, was there with her two kids, Paige (age 2.5) and Joel (age 4). Her neighbor Stephanie also came with her daughter who just turned one (can't remember her name). And I went with Joshua & Caleb and that was it. Stephanie left early so her daughter could nap, but we stayed because Joshua was loving playing with Joel especially. He loved to climb and slide and kept up pretty well. Joel speaks really clearly and so does Paige, so I think the interaction was good for him. It's hard capturing good pictures when they're all on the go, so I didn't catch any of him with the other kids. Most of my pics from the day were blurry (should have grabbed my camera instead of Shawn's! I have better luck with it!).
After playing on the playground, we set up our blankets in the shade and enjoyed our packed lunches. I got to know Molly a little better, and her kids were so sweet. They shared their fruit snacks with Joshua, who thanked them. (Good boy!) Next week starts my mom's morning out on Tuesday's and the Beth Moore Bible study on Thursday's, so we'll see how that goes. There's also an apple picking event with the Mom's Club that I'll miss. I haven't decided if I'll keep going to the Mom's Club of Manheim Township or not, but I did enjoy hanging out with Molly and her kids. So, we'll see. I think as long as Joshua is having a good time and interacting with other kids, I'll do what I have to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great day! I'm jealous-I want to have a picnic in the park! I'm so happy that you have found some good groups. Love ya! Suz