Thursday, January 31, 2008

Showers of Blessings

I have to share a "Silly Bean" moment from this week. Last night after class, I was sooo tired. It's been a busy week, and my body is fighting off this cold (although I am feeling somewhat better). So, I decided a nice hot shower was in order to help my muscles relax. As I'm lathering up my hair, I see the curtain at the far end of the shower start to move. My heart jumped, and I quietly said, "Shawn???" He didn't say anything, which is unlike him, so I thought it was in my head and went back to enjoying the water. Then all of the sudden, the curtain flung open. I screamed! Then, I looked down. Looking back up at me was a little smiling face, laughing as he his cheeks were getting just slightly sprinkled with water as he leaned as far as he could into the bathtub. Oh, silly Bean! What is a Momma going to do with you? I hollered for Shawn again, who had already started making his way back upstairs when he heard my first cry. He said, "Bea-an!" and explained that he had went downstairs to grab a drink since Joshua had been nicely playing in the office. Somehow Joshua was just coordinated enough this time to twist the knob and push at the same time to get the door open to the bathroom and came toward the sound of the running water, which he loves. Silly Bean! You scared a momma! So much for a 'relaxing' shower! It did give me a good laugh, though, and I still chuckle when I picture his little laughing wet face. Daddy took our little tooter back out with him and re-closed the door, and I finished up and got into my PJ's to enjoy some time with my two lovebugs before catching some Z's.

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

I had some serious catching up to do here! I love the shower story! That's great. Even I can picture his wet little face, grinning from ear to ear. Fortunately, that is ALL I pictured from that scene! HA! I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Wish I was! Oh well.

Talk to you soon!
Love yas!
Me