Monday, January 21, 2008

Family, Friends, and Did I mention FOOD?

Saturday morning we got a call from Grandma Ginder's cell phone - would we like to join them for breakfast? Is the Pope Catholic? Of course! So, we all got dressed and headed out to Eat 'n Park. Afterward, Grandma & Grandpa Ginder left and Aunt Erica came home with us. I left to pick up Mom to go to Badorf Shoe where we got some 'blue, blue, blue suede shoes, uh-huh-huh' for the Bean using the gift card from Brian & Gayle (thanks!). We then dropped Joshua off at the house to play with Daddy & Aunt Erica, and we left for a disappointing trip to the Motherhood Maternity Outlet. The one shirt I loved only came in a size that was 3 sizes too big and looked like a large tent on me, and while the jeans fit they all sat weird with the pockets seeming much too low to look 'normal.' So, we left without buying anything even though my clothes are starting to become somewhat snug as my body shifts as the baby grows.
After I dropped mom off and came home, Aunt Erica put together Joshua's new toy box (which he LOVES playing on and stores a lot of toys!) and his new activity table. Grandma & Grandpa Ginder came back over to pick her up and we visited with them for a little while. Then we took the Bean over to my Mom's since Shawn's friend Cory and his fiancee were coming over to our house so we could go out to dinner with them. We went to my favorite restaurant, Fiorentino's. YUMMMM!!! So bad for you, but so delicious. We picked up Joshua, and I gave him a bath as Shawn picked up drinks from Barnes & Nobles for us. I no more than read him his 'Kiss Good Night' book and started prayers until he was fast asleep. I continued holding him and rocking him until Daddy got home, and Shawn & I snuggled up together on the couch, much too full to even move.
Then Shawn woke up around 4 am sick. Joshua heard the master bathroom flush and decided he wanted to be up, too. I let him cry for almost an hour before picking him up. He seemed to have some gas, but fell right back to sleep as I sang to him....only to wake up as I put him back in the crib. He cried for another hour straight until I went back in, mostly because Shawn was sick and didn't want to have to listen to him cry. Again he went back to sleep but woke up in the transition. This time, I closed both doors and let him cry for the next couple hours until he passed out. So, we didn't make it to church Sunday in our tired stupor. But, when we got another call saying 'breakfast anyone?' I hopped in the shower and we got ready to go to see the Ginder fam before they left to go home. I ate sooooo much at breakfast, I felt like those maternity jeans wouldn't have even done the trick....ugh! We got home, put Joshua down for his nap, and mom picked me up to try our luck at the mall. I didn't find anything that looked right or was reasonably priced (other than a t-shirt that says 'oh baby!'), so we called it a day. Last night Shawn still wasn't feeling well, so we ended up having a low-key day where we read the newspaper (thanks, Mom!), played with Joshua and watched the all-important football games. I also read another chapter of advertising, which was much-needed.
This morning I went with Joshua, Jen & her kids, and mom (we had off today for Martin Luther King day) to JCPenny's to get pictures of Mom with all her grandkids. Then we had pizza for lunch and I'm back here blogging and putting together the powerpoints for my advertising class.

2 comments:

DG said...

i see the common thread here....eating :)

Julie Garner said...

That's funny...we are on each other's blogs at the same time, I think! I just got a comment from you as I was reading yours. Great mind, Val. Great minds.

I hope Shawn is feeling better. Your Saturday night sounds like it was straight from...well, as I would have said back in the day with Grandma Ginder, PARKESBURG (which really is synonymous for some place a bit worse!). But all the eating sounds great. And just so you know, my maternity jeans cut into me now after every meal...so much for the expanding waistline! I say, "Keep eating!"

Love you!
Julie