Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pancakes & Prayers

Monday night my Advertising class seemed to go well, and I quickly graded the assignment the students turned in that night, which included advertisements representing each stage in the advertising spiral. I love to see what ads are out there, so it wasn't difficult for me to read their papers and stay interested.


Tuesday, my cold took over. I had such a headache as I got ready for worship practice, but Bill just had surgery on his jaw to remove a cyst (please pray for him, if you think of it) and told me that I'd probably have to help lead. I took in a CD of a song written by Paul Baloche & Lincoln Brewster called "You are the One" (I downloaded it from Christianbook.com) so everyone could listen to it before practicing it. The song really spoke to me about God forming our hearts before we're born, how He ordains our days, and how all His thoughts toward us are holy "full of love and grace..." Bill told me he'd like me to lead half of worship Sunday morning to give him his aching jaw a break (which makes me nervous...I'm better at being one of the team members than actually leading but I will do whatever I'm asked to do) so I need to pick out some songs. May they all be pleasing to the Lord and help usher others into His presence.


That night when I got home, I had a message from my friend Jen (Waldron) Showalter (pictured left with her husband Ryan). Would I like to go to breakfast with her on Wednesday? Absolutely! Joshua somehow caught a second wind, so he and Daddy stayed up late while I shivered under the blankets (rare for me) and prayed that my severe headache would go away. The next morning, though, I felt good and Joshua slept right up until it was time for me to wake him to get ready to go. I picked Jen up and she treated me to a delicious breakfast at Denny's (thanks so much!). Joshua & I shared my eggs & pancakes (yum!) while Jen & I caught up over hot chocolate. She has an appointment with a surgeon in Jefferson Hospital within the next few weeks to schedule a time for brain surgery, which should take care of the seizures she's been having. I'm sure the thought of brain surgery is scary and overwhelming, but she is handling everything with true grace. Please pray for her, when you think of it. I've seen Joshua come through surgeries just fine, so I know my dear friend will be held with the same loving hands of God.

No comments: