Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2008 Starts Out Great!

We celebrated New Year's Eve at Nonie & Poppy's house again this year and had a nice time. I was sooo tired by the time we went downstairs to see Dick Clark (or what's left of him) and the ball drop in Times Square. Afterward, we left and came home to sleep. But, we didn't sleep in New Year's Day because Joshua was up bright and early. When he napped, so did Daddy and I went to my sister's house for pork & sauerkraut. Yum!

Today I got a lot accomplished in the hour that Joshua napped (I think he's transitioning down to one nap a day now). I finally called about Joshua's insurance benefits, and he's been approved to have this secondary insurance until he's 18 years old!!! Hooray! I also found out that my ultrasound that's scheduled for tomorrow has been approved by the insurance. Another hooray!

I made a few other phone calls and did some other things and it just felt productive. This morning I actually woke up before Shawn was up and finished the laundry, did some cleaning and started reading for school before Bean woke up. Some days I feel like I can't get anything done, but today I played quite a bit with Joshua and still got some important things done. I've read a little over 50 pages of the 800+ of the advertising book, but I think I'll be able to wing it and get everything done for the semester I need to. Tonight to celebrate my good day, Shawn & I went to Ruby Tuesday's since we had a coupon and my mom watched Joshua. It was nice to get out and be able to talk about our house plans and finances and other adult things without interruption, and it was also nice that the restaurant was basically empty so we were in and out in 45 minutes and back to get the Bean, who played nicely for Grandma and continued to walk at her house.

Today was definitely an 'up' day, even though Joshua's got a bit of a cold. Hopefully the rest of 2008 is this good or better!

No comments: