Monday, January 14, 2008

Why Must Weekends End?

We had a great weekend. I got a lot done Thursday when Nonie watched Joshua (thanks so much!) and we ate a nice dinner with them that night and visited. Friday was 1/11, and I watched Jen's kiddos so she could do some birthday shopping for Faith and then she watched Joshua so I could take mom out to lunch. Please continue to pray for her.

Saturday was Faith's "Princess Party" for turning 4-years-old (I'll have to download my pictures later). After we came home as Joshua napped, Shawn & I worked on cleaning our house. The dust left from renovations is never-ending. I dusted and wiped down our furniture, cleaned the bathrooms and did laundry while Shawn took out trash, swept the floors and vacuumed. We also started putting things back in order like re-hanging our curtains and putting back our plants in our new bay window. It's nice to have things a little more 'normal' now. The insulation guys called and said they may swing over today to start prepping for the job that they're scheduled to do tomorrow. The electrician comes back Thursday to finish up his odds & ends, and then we just wait for our cabinets to come in to get our new kitchen. Hooray!

Grandma & Grandpa Ginder and Aunt Erica stopped in Saturday night and we went to Panera for supper. Then Sunday, Shawn was on 'duty' for the A/V team. I was debating on whether or not to go to church by myself with the Bean (Shawn has to be there a few hours early on days that he's working). I prayed about it and decided to go, asking God to give Joshua patience and gentleness and me strength and wisdom. We got ready and headed to town. I prayed for a parking spot where I could pull in. I saw one immediately! Thank you, God! As I was carrying the diaper bag and Joshua two blocks over to the church, I prayed for angels to help me carry everything up the stairs. A gal from youth group came up and asked to hold Joshua and offered to carry him upstairs for me. Thank you, God! Shawn was up another flight of stairs, which wind around and always seem somewhat slippery to me. I prayed for another angel to tell him I was there with Joshua, just so he would know. Another youth sat right in front of me, and I asked if he would mind going upstairs to tell Shawn that we were there. He normally bounces from floor to floor and said "Sure! I don't mind at all!" Thank you, God! Then, Joshua was amazing the entire service. He danced to the music and didn't rootch to get down out of my arms and played nicely when we sat down and even did well when I took him down to the nursery. Thank you, God! Shawn came down when he was finished and stayed with Joshua so I could hear the last part of the sermon (there was only one nursery worker when we had first arrived and several children and I didn't feel right leaving him alone).

After church, we met Dan & Julie and their son Jude for lunch. Julie & I worked together at Masterpiece Marketing until she gave birth to Jude and is now expecting her second baby as well - she's due to have a little girl the end of February. I actually found out I was expecting Joshua just five days before she had Jude, and when we went to see her in the hospital I hadn't eaten and it seemed like it was 5,000 degrees and my friend Kristen who was also pregnant was asking all about her C-section. Well, I just about passed out right then and there, and Julie immediately guessed I was expecting. While we hadn't planned on telling anyone yet, I couldn't lie and there was no getting around it. :) I promised her that this time I wouldn't faint again visiting her in the hospital, even though I'm pregnant again. :) Her & Dan are a super fun couple (I stole this picture off her website), and we just loved Jude's "shark tales" hat that came had a fin on it and all. For not having napped all day, Joshua did really well in the restaurant, too. Thank you, God!

I was so full and so sleepy after a delicious lunch at Ruby Tuesday's that I went home and ended up taking a four-hour nap while Joshua napped & played with Daddy and Shawn watched football. Then we all spent time together last night before heading to bed. Thank you, God!

I feel great today, even though I'm anxious about school starting. Today is my first day back for the semester and my first time teaching advertising. I'm also nervous because one of my classes is in an entirely different building that I have to find, along with the room. And, I have to make sure my keys work, etc. Oh well - I know God will take care of that stuff, too. This afternoon Joshua has a follow-up appointment with Dr. Devenyi (the reflux doc) and then Nonie's coming to stay with the Bean so I can get to Millersville early.

No comments: