Thursday, January 17, 2008

'Snow' Thankful

This morning Joshua went to the doctor's for his 15-month well-baby check-up even though he'll be 16 months tomorrow. It's hard to get in to see my two favorite doctor's and each time we wait a week, it pushes us back a week that has now turned into a month.

Joshua now weighs 22 lbs 10 oz (the 20th percentile) and is 31.75" tall (the 30th percentile). Dr. Tifft said he's 'all brains' with a head circumference of 18.75" (the 70th percentile). Joshua did NOT like his temperature being taken in his ear today, and it showed as 94.8 degrees. While the nurse thought it was probably the thermometer, she didn't take it again. Dr. Tifft seemed to think Joshua was doing well and gave me some things to work on with him. Then the poor Bean got three shots in his two arms. OUCH! He was so exhausted when we got home (he didn't sleep through the night again last night) but the electrician was here working so Joshua simply fell asleep in my arms only to be woken up by the noise. Finally after lunch he zonked out for a big boy nap and was much happier when he got up again.

I asked Dr. Tifft about Joshua's lack of sleeping...it's killing us both! (Last night Shawn was sweet enough to 'take one for the team' and rocked Joshua for a few hours so I could finally sleep since I had class the night before and was soooo beat from the many nights that Joshua's woken up screaming. I know people say not to go get him, but I waited almost an hour last night and finally couldn't take it. I tried giving him a little water, giving him the 'sniff' test to make sure it wasn't a dirty diaper, he didn't feel too cool...I just can't figure out why he won't sleep. It's not like he's sleeping a lot during the day or anything. I'm sure this will pass, too, which is basically what Dr. Tifft said.

After we got home from the pediatrician the snow started coming down. I don't think they were calling for anything but rain this morning, but these 'flurries' turned into a couple inches. When Daddy got home, I suggested we take Joshua out together to experience the glorious white stuff. Joshua cried as we bundled him up in the cute snowsuit lent to us by Cousin Grant. So, he was still not thrilled when we first got outside. After awhile, he enjoyed knocking the snow off our mini-trees, but not that much. He didn't want to walk around in his boots or do anything but be held, so we decided to come back in. Next time we'll have to rig up a sled of some sort to pull him around. I think he was too overwhelmed tonight. It was a busy day afterall!

Joshua has learned how to make his donkey sing and flap his ears and loves it. Cousin Jordon & Aunt Alicia lent us some new toys that Nonie brought over and Joshua is loving (thanks!). I'll end this post with a cute moment: today since Joshua was so cuddly after his shots, I asked him if he wanted a kiss from Momma. While he's been saying 'no, no, no' or 'sure' today he went 'eh, eh, eh' like I do when I'm trying to say "don't touch!" I cracked up! Silly Bean!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

We had so much fun with you guys today! Thanks for coming over. Let's do it again soon. :)

Love,
Julie & Jude