Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Down Three?

Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment. It was originally scheduled for last week, but my OBGYN was sick and rescheduled it. Their scale showed I was down three pounds. Now, as you know from my previous post, that isn't even possible! All we did this weekend was eat! But, I guess we all fluctuate some. Dr. Conslato was asking me if I've been really sick & vomiting. Nope! Praise God! She told me to "keep up the good work." Haaaa!

At first she couldn't find the baby's heartbeat, but this time it didn't make me panic (unlike the time that Dr. Jimenez couldn't find Joshua's heartbeat and we went for STAT ultrasound only to see him moving all around). Dr. Conslato explained that there's still enough room for the baby to run from the monitor so she was basically playing a game of chase until she could get it. And, once she did, it sounded super! Hooray! My blood pressure & everything else looked good, too. Hooray!

She said at the end that I should really start narrowing down how I want to have the baby. All the sudden I started to panic inside. How am I ever going to leave Joshua??? I've been away from him one night since he came home from the hospital, and I cried the entire time. Even while he was at CHOP, we slept upstairs and I could sneak down if I was worried about him. I either have to leave him with a dependable family member (which they're all great, so I don't know why I worry...I guess I just miss him) or be without Shawn while we ushering the next one into this world. Oh, Lord, please give me strength and peace and help Joshua when I can't be with him.

Speaking of the Bean, I think Joshua does know some body parts, like his hands and feet, etc. We were also working on animal sounds and I asked him which one said "MOOOOO!!!" He climbed on top of the book (since he couldn't reach the cow from where he was sitting) and pointed right to the cow. Without waiting for me, he clapped for himself. What a ham! He's too cute! I asked him again later, and this time he pointed to the lion. But, this time he looked up at me waiting for the "ROARRR!" so part of me thinks he just wasn't into the game I was playing. He talks all the time, and this morning it sounded like "don't want to" when I said, "let's go put on your jacket." Now he's much too young to put together something like that, but sometimes his sounds really sound like something real. He also repeats certain words we say pretty clearly.

His favorite 'new' toy is the 'hooked on phonics' alphabet leapfrog radio that Jordon lent us. He doesn't know his letters, of course, but he LOVES the music and the lights. This thing has been singing non-stop in our house, and he carries it with him wherever he goes. Last night he was so tired that he fell asleep on Daddy's lap. But, he woke up again at 3 am. This time I was so exhausted that I just let him wail. This has to end! I felt so bad, but I can't keep getting up at night, especially when I have to teach tonight and truly need the rest. He didn't hold it against me, though. When I went in to get him this morning, he smiled and showed me his nightlight and overhead light and stuffed animals on top of his chifferobe as usual. :) I love him so much and feel so blessed to have such a wonderful son and husband. I must start taking more pictures...as soon as Shawn (hmm-hmmm) shows me how to use the camera. :) :) :) (LOVE YOU!)

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

I loved this update!

I may want to talk to you about your delivery with Joshua...check out my blog when you have a moment! YIKES!

Keep mooing and roaring, Mama. Joshua's getting smarter by the day. And, don't worry about deciding what to do with Joshua. The Lord will give you peace. Personally, (and I know you didn't ask me) but I think you will need Shawn with you at the hospital... especially if you got the C-section route. But you will know the right thing to do as the time gets closer. You are blessed with wonderful family who loves your little boy and a great husband who will do what is right by you and by Joshua. How can you go wrong? :)

Love you!
Me