Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy 16-month Birthday, Joshua!

Today was Joshua's 16-month birthday. He finally slept through the night last night and was well-rested for his day today. I got him dressed this morning and he said "sock" and "shoe." We then went downstairs to eat breakfast, including cheerios & bananas.
Afterward, I finished up some things I needed to get done around the house and then we got ready and headed to Julie & Jude's house for a play date. It's always fun to see them, and with both of us expecting, it's interesting to watch how the boys interact with one another. They are both learning how to share their toys. The boys feasted on animal crackers, pizza and nutragrain bars, and Julie & I ordered in Chinese. I enjoyed catching up with her, and I think the boys had fun playing together.
Since he's still transitioning to one nap, there were a few moments of weakness there, but I think Joshua did okay for the most part. In one of his lay-down-I'm-exhausted-and-can't-be-good-much-longer moments, Jude was sweet and handed Joshua his prized "Blue Dog." Unfortunately, I didn't snap more pictures. Oh well. We left after lunch (Joshua now repeats the word 'coat' as I put it on him), and I hadn't even turned my car around until Joshua was asleep in the car seat. He woke up when I brought him in just long enough for me to take off his coat and then was out again for his big boy nap. In the meantime, I wrote a copy project and did some organizing for school. I had lots more to do, but he woke up and we played until Daddy got home. Happy 16-month birthday, buddy!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Joshua wore Jude out! He went down for his nap at 1:00 and I had to wake him up at 4:45!!! He was pooped from his play date. (We should do that more often!!!)

Love you!
Me