Monday, February 4, 2008

Too Sick for Superbowl, Too Sick for School, Too Sick for Surgery

Unfortunately, Joshua started throwing up yesterday morning. I believe our "cold" might actually be the flu, which I've gotten emails from MU that they've seen over 100 cases of within the past week or two. So, I stayed home and cuddled a schnarky, sick Bean while Daddy went with friends to see the Superbowl. Since we were warned that Joshua can't be sick at all (no chest cold, no vomitting, no diarrhea) for his surgery, we decided that it was better to postpone it rather than take the chance of going in tomorrow morning just to be sent home. The nurse I spoke with this morning agreed. His new surgery date is Tuesday, February 19.

This morning I woke up and began vomitting. Ugh!!!! I haven't been able to keep a thing down, and I feel so woosy and awful. I hate calling in sick to work, but there's no way I could drive to MU tonight let alone teach for three hours straight. The department chair is also out sick - it really is going around.

Please pray for us - Joshua has a doctor's appointment tonight to check him out and make sure he's okay and I figured I'd give it a day or two before calling a doctor for me. I just need to find a way to stay hydrated since everything I've drank has come back up... well, I must go lay down now that Daddy is finally home to take care of our little one...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Val! My prayers are with you. Elliott caught a stomach virus in Disney last week. Threw up on me on the airplane ride home. Mark got it next and I had it over the weekend. It's a nasty beast of a virus! Honestly, I don't even know how you took care of Joshua today. My prayers that you will get better soon and that Shawn stays healthy so he can take care of you!
Kristen