Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cold & Cleaning

This morning I took Joshua's laundry downstairs and started to wash it. Then I decided to finish cleaning out the last of our small things from the kitchen, just in case they start tomorrow, which the contractor said might be a distinct possibility. Joshua & I ate breakfast together afterward, and he wanted to sit at the table with me. He didn't fall off, scoot around to get down, or act wild. He seemed to really enjoy being at the big people table, so I think it's time to hook up our 'to-go' booster seat at our table and leave the high chair for our next little one.


Afterward, I decided to continue on my roll and started cleaning. I did all our laundry, cleaned all three bathrooms including wiping down the walls in the master bathroom shower and scrubbing the family bathtub, wiping the walls in the bathrooms and the sinks and mirrors, sweeping the floors in the bathrooms and the kitchen and dining room and living room, dusting the family room and living room and our bedroom, picking up toys in the playroom and familiy room, etc. I'm exhausted now and still feel like I should vaccuum, but I think I'll take a break. Shawn told me to "knock it off" since he's worried that I'll do too much with the baby. I told him that I just felt like it today...I can't bake right now which is my normal 'nesting' activity when it's yucky outside, so cleaning was a second best.


Joshua helped with the laundry (he LOVES peaking in the dryer and throwing socks onto the laundry room floor), stomped through my dirt pile in the kitchen, and helped me throw toys in his bin (sometimes taking them out rather than putting them in). The scrubbing waited until he was napping. As tired as I feel now, I'm so glad that classes at Millersville were cancelled for this evening. Hooray!!! It's still raining out and I'm sure they're concerned about the roads freezing later tonight. Hopefully I'll get a second wind later and can pack our stuff for this weekend. If not, there's always tomorrow.

No comments: