Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I've Survived!

I've made it several hours without throwing up, so I'd say I'm on the mend. Daddy came home half a day to take over for me, allowing me some much-needed rest. We also deposited the check from selling our first ever rental property, and since we were up that way we decided to stop at the JCPenny's Outlet. I had HUGE success in finding maternity clothes and at great prices. Jeans were only $10, so I bought two pairs. And, I found some t-shirts and other things that will get me through until the baby's born (hopefully), all for under $10. I had also won an eBay auction, where I bought several sweaters and dressier shirts and a pair of khakis. So, without spending a lot of money, I think my wardrobe is pretty well stocked for the next few months. Praise God! It definitely lifted my spirits from feeling so blah. We were in and out in 20 minutes, which was about how long I felt like I could stand up and not pass out. All the women in the store oohed and aahed at how adorable Joshua is, and he was hamming it up (I think he now understands the attention a little more.) Please pray that everything is okay with the baby and that we all feel better soon...

A funny moment from today (everyday has to have at least one thing that cracks you up, right?). Shawn & I were on the road and he pulled into Starbucks to get me my favorite Chai (which was a little spicy, so it's now in the fridge). After hearing, "Can I help you?" he started ordering his Java Chip Lite Frap and a voice came back saying, "Shawn, can you please come here and make me a drink?" We both stopped, stunned. The voice came back saying, "Is that everything?" and he ordered the Chai. When we got up to the window, the gal apologized and said her co-worker forgot to turn off her headset. We were cracking up, and he explained his name was Shawn, so it was that much more funny.

2 comments:

Julie Garner said...

Wow! Lots of new posts. Sorry to hear how lousy you've been feeling. Ugh! But, I'm glad you might be on the mend. And Joshua too! Happy Birthday to "Caw" and welcome new baby. Lots going on.

I would love to see you and Kristen before the baby comes if I can get it on my calendar. I need to respond to her email!

Love ya!
Julie

Julie Garner said...

Oh, and I'm super envious of your shopping trip. I'm so tired of rotating my two outfits that still fit me! (Well, and there's always the sweatpants/sweatshirt combo, which I did actually wear out in the public the other day!) I'm glad you'll be styling with your pregnancy. It really does help! Maybe my haircut tomorrow will give me a new attitude to make it through the next few weeks.