Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunday

Sunday morning, Daddy left early since he was on the A/V team. Joshua & I got ready and met him there. The Bean kept crawling onto the bench seat to smile at the pretty gal who was sitting behind us. I think he's intrigued by curly hair, and he kept waving & grinning at her and she was kind enough to smile back. We took him down to the nursery after worship, and he did well again the entire time! Hooray! Shawn & I listened to the sermon together, and I kept waiting for our number to show up, but it never did. The sermon was good on God not being an event-oriented God but more one concerned with the process...so we're not to give up. That was the second sermon I had heard that day. As we were getting ready in the morning and driving to church, I heard the LCBC sermon broadcasted over WJTL about Christianity being simple...it's all about Jesus. We make it about so many other things, but in the end, it's not who we are or what we did, it's about what Jesus did for us. A simple message of truth that never gets old. I highly enjoyed it.

After we got home, Grandma & Grandpa Ginder and Aunt Erica came over for lunch. They brought with them fresh fruit from Florida and I was in heaven! The strawberries, canteloupe and oranges simply melted in your mouth...soooo good and refreshing. We've been steadily devouring them. They also came bearing gifts for Joshua from Disney (thanks so much!). Then they played with Joshua's new soft blocks before heading back to Morris one last time. It's weird to think we won't see them again until we have another child in our arms (well...Shawn will see them at their house this weekend, but Joshua & I won't...).

It was soooo windy and so cold yesterday - a definite change from the weather earlier this week. It sounds like the Ginder fam had quite the car ride home, too, with ice and snow and slow traffic. Ugh! I'm sure they won't miss this in Florida!

No comments: