Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Feverish

Poor little Joshua has been running a consistent fever of 101 degrees. His nose is running, and he's absolutely miserable, which is really unlike him. Last night we called the surgeon because they told us to call if his fever was over 100. But, he said the procedure went really well and he thinks the fever is the sign of a cold. A nurse from the surgical center called and said if he isn't feeling better by this afternoon, try to get him into the pediatrician. Ugh! Please pray for our Bean!

I wish I would have taken my camera with us yesterday. They had us change him into a hospital gown, and he looked SOOOO cute!!! Shawn and I giggled at his little legs sticking out of the gown and all the nurses oohed and awwed at how precious he looked. They gave him some sort of medicine to put him out before they did the actual anaesthesia. As it was taking effect, we pulled him around in this little red wagon with a little pillow and his favorite blue blanket. He was so calm and relaxed, he started to drool a little and kept quietly babbling 'la, blah, ra, la.' It was so precious...then they wheeled him away in the same wagon.

I haven't seen him that relaxed since. He's been a momma's boy yesterday and today. Normally he loves playing with Daddy and goes to him first, but not recently. He wants to be held and cuddled by me only. Poor little one! I love to cuddle him, but I wish he felt better. :( Please pray that whatever this is goes away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Joshua is feeling better! I hate it when my girls are sick...and I get kind of stressed about it too. Praying that you will have peace and that he will be soon. Love you. Connie

Julie Garner said...

Joshua, you get better! And I love the name you picked for your brother. I think the interpretation is simply, "Brother" Perfect! I'm sure our Baby will just be "Sissy" for awhile.