Friday, February 15, 2008

My Husband is Amazing...and then some

Shawn came home around lunchtime so he could join me and the Bean in heading to Dr. Bayliss' office for our ultrasound. He walked in the door carrying a beautiful bouquet of red roses...what a man! We went to the ultrasound (more on that to come) and then he bought me ice cream to celebrate. When Joshua napped, so did we and then we went out to dinner. Since we had Joshua,, we thought 'Friendly's!' It's not romantic, but it's very kid-friendly and that's as much romance as we can get. Well, everyone else in Lancaster County had the same idea. We were there for two hours, but it was great spending time with my two lovebugs. Joshua wore his "I love (with a heart) mom" shirt all day and an "I love daddy" bib. While we were at dinner, a little girl came running over to our table, dropped off a tiny little Valentine between Joshua & Shawn and literally RAN the other way. We laughed and laughed. Joshua's already getting the girls, and he's not even 17 months old yet!
When we got home, I helped Shawn pack and think of anything he would need last minute and he started downloading a movie from Amazon to watch on our TiVo. While our tradition for the past eight years has been to watch a horror movie on Valentine's Day, we were just too tired. We ended up watching a quick TV program to unwind after Joshua was in bed and then we nodded off ourselves. It was still a wonderful day to be in love... Shawn is an amazing husband and father, and I love him very, very much.

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Awe...I love the Good family! This is a great Valentine report. Beats our Target story and my 24 hour Valentine Specimen collection. (The gas tank has been delivered!)

Loved seeing you today!
Hugs,
Julie