Sunday, February 17, 2008

What a Croc!

After reading my friend Julie's post about her son Jude not wanting to take off his Crocs, even for bed, I decided I should try some out for Joshua. He's not a big fan of getting shoes on, and if we can find something he loves on his feet, I'm in! My nieces also love these "new" shoes (Shawn said the trend is ooold, but what can I say? I'm a late adopter!) So, this weekend while we were at Costco looking at other things, Mom bought a pair of green Crocs for Joshua. Can't wait to try them out! Thanks, Grandma!

Then, when Kristen responded to Julie's post about Crocs, she said that it's not just Elliott (her son) who likes those shoes - she loves them too. She commented that they were the most comfortable shoes to wear and she's worn them for walking in Disneyland and all sorts of places. Everyone I've talked to seems to agree (Mom noticed that even nurses wear them). And since my pregnant feet felt like they needed some pampering, I decided to buy a pair for myself. The ones at Costco didn't feel right on my feet because they came in two sizes together (like 6/7, 8/9, 10/11). One pair felt a little snug while the next felt a little too big. I was disappointed but thought I might find more of a selection at the stand at the mall. While the Crocs there were much more expensive, the salesperson was really helpful, and I found a pair of Mary Jane Crocs that fit me nicely that were in whole sizes (I normally wear a half size) instead of two sizes together. Although I was enthralled by all the colors offered, I decided to play it safe with brown ones until I see if I really like them. I'm anxious to wear them and see what I think. I must admit that I still think Crocs are on the ugly side; however, what I think is a beautiful shoe (something like a leopard skin pump with a 3" heel and pointy toe) will not be going anywhere near my feet until I'm done carrying small kiddos on my hip. :) For now, anything that feels good is the way to go!

1 comment:

Julie Garner said...

Oh No! Jude will be so jealous of Joshua...he WANTED the green ones and we made him get the brown ones. I see there will be coveting that will need to be addressed. And get ready, because he'll look at your shoes and say, "Crocs" and then wrinkle up his face and say, "Yuck!" because yours are brown. I love yours though! And I agree with you--the ugliest shoe EVER created. Seriously...possibly ever. Perhaps right up there with the classic 1980's "Moon Boot"...but even uglier than that! Yet, comfort wins over fashion at times like these. I can't wait to get a pair of my own.

Hope you and your BOYS had a great weekend without Shawn, and the Shawn's flight back was less dramatic than his adventures getting to Florida!

Love yas!
Julie