Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sink, float, swim or take a bath:)

On Friday, April 27, I suggested to the boys that we play sink or float, a game that they enjoy, before baths. Joshua, who normally doesn't love bath time, was eager to play the game and was fine with getting in the water afterward. I started filling up the bath tub then grabbed a few things to throw into the water, asking the boys if they thought they would sink or float before we threw them in. They would guess and then we'd test the hypothesis.You can see that Caleb is holding my pick, something we threw in to see if it would float to the top or sink to the bottom.
I also let them pick things they would like to throw into the bath tub to see if it would sink or float, within reason. Joshua wanted to throw the iPod in, and I said no. But most other things that wouldn't get hurt in the water, I agreed to let get wet. They had a great time. I'm always impressed by how many things float to the top.
We cleaned out some of them before the kids got in to play with the rest. Many of them were actually tub toys that we keep in the closet next to the bath tub, so they had a grand old time with everything in the bath tub.
Normally I don't take tubby pictures, but I wanted to keep some record of fun things we do together to make an average activity more fun.
Ryan was in the bathroom with us, waiting his turn to take a bath. Joshua is always nervous that Ryan will fall in the water if there's too much in the tub, and I think I added to his panic when I told the boys to be careful when the baby was in with them. Joshua is so concerned about his brother that it ended up making more sense to bathe the little guy by himself while the older boys could play.

 So, after we finished with our sink or float and the big boy bath, our little man got in to get clean. :)
 Rub a dub-dub, I often have three little men in a tub! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love to join the older two