Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Love Each Others as Brothers

"Keep on loving each other as brothers" Hebrews 13:1
Having three boys has made me appreciate this verse from Hebrews all the more. My little men LOVE each other. I don't think Joshua remembers a time without Caleb in his life. Both the older boys told me that they prefer to share a bedroom, even if we moved into a house with unlimited amounts of rooms. And Caleb and Joshua both tell me how much they love their baby brother.
When I rock Ryan at night, the boys often ask to come in and hear his bedtime story and will help sing to him. Caleb asked on this particular night if he could help rock Ryan. So, as I held him, Ryan crawled right up on Caleb and I put the blanket over them. Daddy snapped a few quick pictures as Ryan laid down on his brother and started sucking his thumb. :)
There's not really enough room on my lap for all three of them since I need to have a good arm on Ryan who will at any moment try to get down or crawl off. But, Joshua is kind and will typically allow Caleb the opportunity to sit with me as he stands next to us and we read our story. I love to rock each of my boys and snuggle them! It is a favorite time of day for me as a mama.
Now I know when God tells us to love each other as brothers, it's a sincere love. My boys are honest with each other, fight at times, but love each other intensely and wouldn't be without one another. :)

No comments: