Saturday, December 27, 2008

Over the River and Through the Wood's...to Grandma's House We Go!

Since I have so many pictures and stories from Christmas, I thought I'd break them up into various posts. After opening our gifts (including a really cool "Family Fun Magazine" from Shawn), we napped and then Christmas night we headed to Grandma's house. Unfortunately, my niece Faith had thrown up all night Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so after weighing the decision heavily between us, Shawn & I both agreed it was best if we not go at the same time as my sister's family even though we were all disappointed. With Joshua's chin still all boogered up, we couldn't imagine adding sickness to it, and he seems to get everything that goes around.We arrived at "Ma-maw's" house at 4 pm. I first tried out her new foot massager - WOW! is all I can say about it. I have never felt anything so amazing on my feet in my entire life. My sister Becky & her husband Tim arrived not long after us to make sure they got to see us open our stuff, which was nice. We also still do our "pop swap" that we've done since we were little. Soda was a big treat in our house, and once a year us girls exchanged 2-liters through the craftiness of our parents.We then began opening gifts. Caleb got two new sets of warm 9-month jammies and some money for college.Joshua received a "keepsake portfolio" for all his new artwork. He loves to color and just got some finger paints from Grandma Good, plus he does lots of crafts at church. Now we can keep them in one place for him!He also got an airplane puzzle, a coloring book, an Elmo's Guessing Game of Colors book that I had suggested, an Elmo Potty DVD, a kids sing-along CD, and a cute sign for him and Daddy to share... It says "What Happens in the Garage, Stays in the Garage" since that's their favorite place to play.
Grandma also got Joshua a Cleaning Trolley since he loves to sweep and follow me around when I clean. Now he'll have items like a vacuum cleaner that are his own size to play with. But, the coolest present by far was the airplane that Grandma picked out for him. It moves on its own and backs up and turns when it hits something. It has flashing lights and a car and people that come out of it. Joshua LOVES it! You can see it in the pictures below.It was soon time to leave. We opened our gifts from Grandma and gave her hers and by the time we packed up, Jen and her family were arriving. The three of us girls went together on a GPS for mom, so we gave her the gift together. Then, they all ate their appetizer smorgasboard and we went home and had dinner at our house, including cheese & crackers, grapes and a pizza I had had in the freezer.We enjoyed some more time playing with all the new presents and relaxing to the movie "Bad Santa" after the Bean was in bed.My bestest gift of all was time spent with my amazing family. Thank you, Jesus, for sharing your birthday with us!

No comments: