Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Was Great

I can't believe 2008 is coming to an end. We had another wonderful year given to us by God. This year, Joshua learned how to walk! His first "real" steps were Jan. 2, 2008. He also learned how to talk, color, jump, eat with a fork and much more! He also finished up his physical therapy sessions and behavior intervention for head-banging. He learned how to go down slides on his own, how to go to his classroom at church, and how to sleep in a big boy bed...in fact, he got a whole new room this year! I've seen him transition from baby into a toddler in 2008 - this was truly a huge year for him in making progress. I love watching him learn and grow!
Joshua in January 2008!
Caleb Luke made his debut into the world in July of this year. He's learned how to nurse, how to smile, how to laugh, how to babble, how to roll, how to eat solid foods (we're still working on that one), and more! He's also gotten his first two teeth this year.
I would say I can see huge changes in my own life in 2008. First, we started going to a new church, LCBC. I went to a women's Bible study and met friends, I started attending MOPS with other moms, and we joined a life group. We have made friends with other kiddos, which has been wonderful. And, for me, I've started devoting a little more time to be in God's word...which I hope to increase/improve in 2009.
On a more personal level, I think this was truly the first year that I let go of the constant nagging in my heart that I should be working all the time. I've been working since I was 14, and even after Joshua was born I felt like I had to write and had to teach even though God was clearly calling me to be a stay-at-home mom. I regret how much I worked during Joshua's first year of life. I'm trying to let go of the "love of money" and concentrate on what - and more importantly WHO - is really important. This year I've settled more into my role, and I can say I'm starting to enjoy being home with the boys more. It's sad that it took me two years to come to a place where I can trust God for our finances and try to be the best mom and wife I can be for this season of life.
This year we had our house renovated (although there's still always things to be done!), and I can say that we use thoroughly use every room in our house, including the much-loved garage!Shawn...is a man of few words. When I talked to him about accomplishments for the year, he said "we got another cool little dude" and "we've set a record for the least amount of sleep you can get in a year...I used to sleep more on a weekend than we've gotten the entire past year." That does about sum up our life right now. He's been doing a great job working for Dart, and he faithfully led the A/V team at LHOP this year, which is something he has handed over starting tomorrow. Yeah for me!
We're looking forward to an incredible 2009 and what God has planned for our lives!

No comments: